[Gnash] Re: gnash only creates blank standalone window.....

From: Alex Dupre
Subject: [Gnash] Re: gnash only creates blank standalone window.....
Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2006 06:00:10 +0000 (UTC)

Rob Savoye <address@hidden> writes:

>    Gnash runs on freeBSD, and I've heard the plugin works too.

Gnash works, but the plugin doesn't work at all: it doesn't show up in
about:plugins. Nobody I'm aware of has successfully used it.
Rob, do you have other ideas after I sent you the complete firefox output?

> The
> tarball for the BSD Ports is a bit out of date I believe, and it was
> just a CVS snapshot anyway, so I'd suggest trying to build Gnash from
> current CVS instead.

I have an updated port to build it (created by the current maintainer plus some
changes by me), I do not recommend you to build from CVS since the configure
stage is really problematic on FreeBSD and requires many patches.

--
Alex Dupre