Re: [Gnash] Re: gnash testing

From: Patrice Dumas
Subject: Re: [Gnash] Re: gnash testing
Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2006 09:49:54 +0200

> Personally I prefer a configure that doesn't fail if I have all the
> dependencies, rather that one that fails because it doesn't use the correct
> way
> to detect them, or that doesn't fail but silently disable half of the
> features I
> selected because it didn't find the libs.

Actually it may be better if using pkg-config hides an issue that'll pop
up on another platform anyway. There is more need for reports about issues
in the configure system than for a wrong configure system. The packages will
be available in distros anyway, for the platforms that have pkg-config.

--
Pat