Re: [Gnash] gnash testing

From: Rob Savoye
Subject: Re: [Gnash] gnash testing
Date: Sat, 08 Apr 2006 08:25:10 -0600

Jens Petersen wrote:

No, I'm running /usr/bin/gnash. :)

Sorry, I meant if you have a debug build of Firefox, you can start that with a -g option, and it drops you into GDB.

Sorry, where does one add that?

In the URL entry filed on your browser when invoking the Flash movie, like this "valentine.swf?debug=waitforgdb". This will block as soon as the plugin is loaded. This is the *only* way to debug the plugin initialization itself.

Ok - FC5 moved to gtk 2.8 with cairo too, so....

Cairo is becoming the base 2D graphic library for GTK. It also has direct framebuffer support.

Ok, I quite like pkgconfig myself, but as long as configure works I'm not too fussy. ;-) Let me get back to you on where the current configure breaks for me.

I like pkg-config too, and used it for a bunch of tests. Most of my first bug reports on Gnash were all from people without pkg-config, so I rewrote all the configure tests to not need it.

In fact, I even dropped all the compile or link tests too, and stuck to simple directory & file searching. The compile tests are also often too complex for true portability. I figured it would be better if the configure finished, so people can see what they need to install rather than just having configure abort because somebodies machine isn't setup quite right.

The easiest way to have me debug a configure problem is to ruhj it like this "sh -x ./configure |& tee x", and send me the output. (or look at it yourself). In there all the shell debugging info.

        - rob -