[Gnash] Re: gnash only creates blank standalone window.....

From: Jonas Wolz
Subject: [Gnash] Re: gnash only creates blank standalone window.....
Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2006 19:18:20 +0200

Rob Savoye wrote:
>    This patch works for me. It doesn't build libmozsdk at all, but
> instead compiles the files directly into the plugin. This should
> hopefully fix the issue of Firefox quietly not doing anything.

It works for me under FreeBSD, too. Thank you very much :-)

BTW, are there any plans to fix the configure script some time in the future
so that you don't need to set LDFLAGS and CFLAGS manually to make configure
find SDL (and gtkglext) under FreeBSD?

Currently I use something like LDFLAGS="`sdl11-config --libs` `pkg-config
--libs gtkglext-1.0 gtk+-2.0`" and CFLAGS="-O -pipe `sdl11-config --cflags`
`pkg-config --cflags gtkglext-1.0 gtk+-2.0` -L/usr/local/lib -pthread`" and
additionally a symlink libSDL.so -> libSDL-1.1.so in /usr/local/lib.
(Probably it would also work with less flags, but I know that it works with
these)
This isn't a major issue for me now (as I know what to use), but of course
it would be nice if it worked without such a hack.

As I understand it, the problem with SDL mainly is that configure searches
for headers in /usr/local/include/SDL and tries to link to the library with
"-lSDL" while the FreeBSD SDL port puts the headers
into /usr/local/include/SDL11 and needs "-lSDL-1.1 -pthread".
It doesn't find gtkglext because configure doesn't look for the headers
in /usr/X11R6/include (where the FreeBSD port installs them).

Jonas