Re: [Gnash] Extreme CPU usage

From: Erik de Castro Lopo
Subject: Re: [Gnash] Extreme CPU usage
Date: Tue, 9 May 2006 14:03:41 +1000

Richard Aspden wrote:

> It all depends on your operating system. If you're on Linux, try getting
> the proprietary ATI drivers from http://www.ati.com/ (under Drivers &
> Software, Linux).

Ok, I tried the ATI version of the driver and still can't get direct
rendering working.

What worse (and I'm not blaming you Richard) is that trying to move
back to the Ubuntu packaged version of the driver hosed X real bad.

Took me about three hours to get everything working again.

Erik
  Erik de Castro Lopo
"And MS thinks Linux is vulnerable to forking? 95, 95 OEM SR2, 98, 98SE,
ME, NT, 2000, Bob, .NET, CE, Datacenter, Server, Adv. Server, and now
Web Server, sheesh." -- BTS on LinuxToday.com