gnu-linux-libre

Re: [GNU-linux-libre] ungoogled chromium reported in Guix and unremoved

From: quiliro
Subject: Re: [GNU-linux-libre] ungoogled chromium reported in Guix and unremoved after 8 months
Date: Sat, 12 Oct 2019 11:15:07 -0500

On Sat, October 12, 2019 9:24 am, Jean Louis wrote:
> * address@hidden <address@hidden> [2019-10-12 04:32]:
>> >
>> > What kind of delegation is it?  Why don’t they post here directly?
>>
>> The bug report had been filed on Guix 8 months ago and the other data
>> has
>> been addressed on this mailing list.

> The bug is closed now.

Unlicensed files in Chromium which were considered to be nonfree are still
there and has not been resolved

Chromium supports the use of Widevine DRM, Adobe Pepper Flash, and
third-party codecs which are nonfree. Packagers must ensure that these are
removed from the source code prior to compiling in order to be free
software.To disable them is not enough. It required to remove (support and
references about it) from the source as per the FSDG.