gnu-linux-libre

Re: [GNU-linux-libre] ungoogled chromium reported in Guix and unremoved

From: Giovanni Biscuolo
Subject: Re: [GNU-linux-libre] ungoogled chromium reported in Guix and unremoved after 8 months
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2019 12:23:02 +0200

Jean Louis <bugs@gnu.support> writes:

[...]

> After review of websites of Ludovic Courtès

pleas do not bring your personal (or comunitarian, or from a very large
group of people) campaign against Ludovic Courtès [1] in a discussion on
the ungoogled-chromium in Guix

Guix is not Ludovic Courtès nor each of the persons now maintaining it:
Guix is a project, with many persons (I'm giving a tiny help) hard
working to keep if compliant to the guidelines

[...]

> Hyperbola have different people in their rows. That is why they are
> publishing profound analysis of problems with Chromium.

If you see that any of the issues analyzed in the Hyperbola paper are
still in ungoogled-chromium from Guix please file a bug report and
refrain from personal attacks; before doing that please read the package
definition of ungoogled-chromium (I've done it and I don't see any issue
pointed by the Hyperbola paper there)

Facts, Jean Louis: give us *facts* ;-)

[...]

Best regards. Gio'