Re: [gnugo-devel] Re: cgoban1 maintainership

From: Kevin Sonney
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] Re: cgoban1 maintainership
Date: 23 Oct 2002 16:29:42 -0400

On Wed, 2002-10-23 at 15:56, address@hidden wrote:
> I'm glad CGoban1 has a maintainer. If you set up a mailing list
> please send an announcement to address@hidden

Note - I'm on gnugo-devel now, so there's no need to cc: me separately.

The list, which I've *JUST* finished creating, is
address@hidden - accessible at

I'll be updating the sourceforge pages and such in the next few days,
and expect to start building 1.9.14-xx devel packages in the next few
days. I'm working on a roadmap now for the next few releases, so any
questions/comments/complaints are appreciated.

> (1) When traversing an sgf tree with variations, if you
> click on a board position, a new variation is opened,

I had noticed this behavior in one of the games I'm playing. I'll add
this to the bug/feature lists I'm starting to compile.

I may add sgf verification as a feature request, as it's also been
reported that the empty/minimal sgf file ("(;)" - which is legal
according to sgfc) can also cause issues.

> (2) It would be good if GTP (Go Text Protocol) support
> could be hacked into CGoban1. You can probably get
> help for this from the GNU Go and GTP lists.

GTP is probably a feature request, and we'll look into that for a later
release, since I want to get some existing bugs & packaging issues out
of the way on 1.9.x before adding features, y'know?

-- Kevin Sonney - Inside Sales Engineer --
--  Red Hat, Inc - 919.754.3700 x44112  --
--  address@hidden - AIM: ksonney   --
1024D/EB74 3C54 0260 6A01 705A  6F3F CD3B BAF1 4EB9 55BC
 Damn the man. -- Lucas, "Empire Records"