Re: [gnugo-devel] Hacking GTP into Kombilo?

From: Arend Bayer
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] Hacking GTP into Kombilo?
Date: Sat, 26 Oct 2002 14:33:26 -0400 (EDT)

On Sun, 27 Oct 2002, Andrew Derrick Balsa wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Sunday 27 October 2002 01:10, Arend Bayer wrote:
> [...]
> >
> > I don't think it would be much more work than hacking GTP into kombilo.
> >

> > Arend
>
> I am not sure that GTP is the ideal protocol to control a database engine, but
> I think your idea (to add a "slave"-side implementation of GTP to Kombilo) is
> interesting. Can you expand on how you would want to use it?
> Does GTP have all the commands that would be needed to drive the database
> engine?

I actually had meant it the other way round. That is, implement a GTP
controller into Kombilo. Then this would check via special GTP commands
whether GNU Go would accept the constraint of the pattern. I.e., it would
have to do a similar job as mkpat.c, and translate the pattern constraints
into s.th. evaluatable via GTP.

> (BTW I apologize if this discussion is slightly off-topic, if so I am willing
> to continue this on the GTP mailing list)

This would be very GNU Go-specific, so it's on topic here I suppose.
What would be needed is GTP-equivalents of all autohelper functions listed
int the array autohelper_functions[] in mkpat.c (lines 177 following).

Arend