RE: [gnugo-devel] Move valuation question

From: Måns Ullerstam
Subject: RE: [gnugo-devel] Move valuation question
Date: Sat, 18 Jan 2003 09:44:21 +0100

> One simple feature we could implement quickly would be to
> teach GG the art of... resigning. I'm thinking of a (very)
> conservative policy like:
> - 50 points behind (for a 19x19)
> - no more critical or weak opponent dragons (all either dead or alive)
> - the game is ending (game_status > 0.7 with current code)

I looked at the to-do list and found that making gnugo resigning was a
welcomed feature. I thought of implementing it as a starter to get back
on track with the code. But I realized that there was no support for
such a thing as resigning in GTP or GMP or in SGF. I am correct here?
This means that it is tough to find a standard for resigning over the
protocols that exist today. I think we should try to add resigning to
the standard(s).

/ Mans Ullerstam