Re: [gnugo-devel] games against 3.3.16

From: Heikki Levanto
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] games against 3.3.16
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2003 10:00:04 +0200

On Tue, Jun 17, 2003 at 11:24:05PM +0200, Arend Bayer wrote:

> Well, apart from classical corner joseki moves, I somewhat concur
> that we should rethink how much we trust our patterns:

Sounds reasonable.

It should be possible (and I wish I had the time and energy) to check
all regression failures, see which joseki patterns were involved in the
move generation of the wrong move(s), and try to disable them one by one
and see how much else breaks. This would take for ever to run, but could
be done almost automatically. It could result in a list of interesting
patterns, specifying what they do to regressions (pattern X breaks test
NNN, but removing it would break tests MMM, KKK, and LLL)

-H

--
Heikki Levanto  LSD - Levanto Software Development   <address@hidden>