Re: [gnugo-devel] endgame module for GNU Go

From: Arend Bayer
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] endgame module for GNU Go
Date: Wed, 8 Sep 2004 15:23:58 +0200 (CEST)

On Tue, 7 Sep 2004, Paul Pogonyshev wrote:

> While I'm not an expert either, I strongly believe you are wrong.  It
> doesn't matter that `view.pike' relies on GNU Go-specific GTP commands, this
> doesn't make it a derivative work.

Well I disagree. Note that we even added quite a couple of GTP commands
specifically for view.pike.

But, of course, this discussion is pointless. If someone tries to
stretch the limits of GPL (and writing a program that depends on many
details of the internal data representations of a GPL program _is_
stretching the limits in the opinions of many), then he should rather
consult a lawyer himself, as Gunnar said, instead of asking us.

(I am not at all implying that Xavier is trying to stretch the limits with
regards to GNU Go.)

Arend