Re: Re[6]: [gnugo-devel] sgf/sgfnode.c possible error

From: Paul Pogonyshev
Subject: Re: Re[6]: [gnugo-devel] sgf/sgfnode.c possible error
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2004 18:17:05 -0200

Dmitri Koulikov wrote:

> Hello Paul Pogonyshev,
>
> Thursday, September 16, 2004, 11:52:56 PM, you wrote:
> >>     (; ;) (; ;) => it would be empty...
>
> PP> GNU Go cannot handle multiple game trees in one file anyway.
> PP> Also, it doesn't make sense to start a variation as another
> PP> tree.  Such an operation should be explicitly named as
> PP> creating a new tree.
>     I mean not forest but variation in the first move

Well, but then parent is not NULL.

It will look like this:

SGFTree game_tree: root  = node1

SGFNode node1:     props  = NULL
                   parent = NULL
                   child  = node2
                   next   = NULL

SGFNode node2:     props  = NULL
                   parent = node1
                   child  = NULL
                   next   = NULL

So, you can sgfStartVariant(node2), since `node2->parent'
is non-NULL.  Calling sgfStartVariant(node1) is not a good
idea anyway, since `node1' is a root.

Paul