gnuherds-app-dev

Comments on the new architecture

From: Davi Leal
Subject: Comments on the new architecture
Date: Sun, 6 May 2007 12:46:21 +0200

Your last tar ball works:
  * modifying the handy configuration file
      /var/www/klaus.org/include/config.inc.php
  * with a virtual Apache domain
      DocumentRoot /var/www/klaus.org/

I will try analyze any bit of code to understand and improve it if it is
possible.  I personally think we must discuss about all technically subjects
if we disagree:

I modified:
  * moved index.php
      mv /var/www/klaus.org/index.php /var/www/klaus.org/site/webroot/
  * and modified
      DocumentRoot /var/www/klaus.org/site/webroot/
  * replaced full ROOT path by relative

Rationale:
    To disable possible request (see below), which must not be
    available neither to the user nor to search engines:

      http://klaus.org/site/view/layouts/default.html
      http://klaus.org/site/model/Test.php

    Note too, it is some less characters and more clean at
      site/view/layouts/default.html

I do not know yet how we will split the page view to avoid duplication of the
heading and menu source code:
    site/view/layouts/default.html

The current architecture uses Layer-1__Page_builder/Web_Page.php and the
Smarty support to realize it.

Davi