gnuherds-app-dev

Re: patch for donation-pledges and look-for-volunteers -- committed

From: Davi Leal
Subject: Re: patch for donation-pledges and look-for-volunteers -- committed
Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2008 02:55:50 +0200

Davi Leal wrote:
> Steps (proposal):
>
>   1. I commit the big patch.
>   2. I send Nicodemo a warning email.

I have already committed the code. I will follow committing patches, but now
they will be smaller.

Anybody is free to expose feedback.

>   3. Nicodemo execute "git clone ...." and try to apply his patch
>      on the new-last code.

Nicodemo, after getting the new code via "git clone ....", you will have to:

1. Update the Apache mod_rewrite rules adding the below ones for
   both  <VirtualHost *:80>  and  <VirtualHost *:443>

        # To edit a specific donation pledge group entry
        RewriteCond %{QUERY_STRING} action=edit&id=(.*)
        RewriteRule ^/pledges$ /Donation_Pledge_Group.php?JobOfferId=%1 [L]

        # Show a specific donation pledge group entry
        RewriteCond %{QUERY_STRING} id=(.*)
        RewriteRule ^/pledges$ /View_Donation_Pledge_Group.php?JobOfferId=%1 [L]

        # Show all available donation pledge groups entries
        RewriteRule ^/pledges$ /FS_Donation_Pledge_Groups.php [L]

        # To edit a specific volunteers-looking entry
        RewriteCond %{QUERY_STRING} action=edit&id=(.*)
        RewriteRule ^/volunteers$ /Look_For_Volunteers.php?JobOfferId=%1 [L]

        # Show a specific volunteers-looking entry
        RewriteCond %{QUERY_STRING} id=(.*)
        RewriteRule ^/volunteers$ /View_Look_For_Volunteers.php?JobOfferId=%1
[L]

        # Show all available volunteers-looking entries
        RewriteRule ^/volunteers$ /FS_Look_For_Volunteers.php [L]

2. The source code of the last commits require some modifications to the
   data base. You should go into the data base executing "psql gnuherds"
   and at least execute the below SQL command to add a field to the
   R1_Donations2JobOffersJoins table:

    ALTER TABLE R1_Donations2JobOffersJoins ADD R1_Id SERIAL PRIMARY KEY;

   Report to this mailing list if some error is raised so I can help.

3. If you want to see the new icons you should copy the attached PNG images
   to  Layer-0__Site_entry_point/themes/red_Danijel/images/

   I got such images from Mozilla FireFox 3.0. I do not know if the Firefox
   license would allow us use it.  Anyway such icons are just part of the
   webapp draft which I used to show the last proposal. We should do some
   better or similar icons to be committed and used at production.

>   4. Nicodemo send his updated patch to address@hidden
>      If Nicodemo can not update his patch Davi will take care of it.

If you are curious you can take a quick look at the last commits at [1].
  [1] http://git.savannah.gnu.org/gitweb/?p=gnuherds-app.git;a=summary

I am not sure if I did some mistake.

The project is not in a hurry.