gnuherds-app-dev

Re: Need Help? Some small tasks to choose from

From: Davi Leal
Subject: Re: Need Help? Some small tasks to choose from
Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2008 13:32:14 +0200

>  2) After that big commit, We will expose the more important tasks
>     so that me and others interested could pick a small one to do.
>
>     Both Nicodemo and Antenore have already tasks.

Gabriel, independent to the task you choose we will explain and help you to
understand the source code, etc.  That is to say, we will train you if it is
needed.

Some small tasks to choose from (proposal):

 * Add a check to avoid:
   a job-offer can be viewed as a look-for-volunteer or donation-pledge-group.
   a donation-pledge-group can be viewed as a job-offer or look-for-volunteer.
   a look-for-volunteer can be viewed as a job-offer or donation-pledge-group.

     http://g-10.org/offers?id=98
     http://g-10.org/pledges?id=98
     http://g-10.org/volunteers?id=98

   This patch would be an 'if' (3 lines) for each check.

 * Draw a set of icons, similar to the ones attached, with same colors,
   size and shape but changing the figure which is inside the icons.

   As it is usual for images, the project needs to get the Gimp XCF format
   with good resolution to be able to edit and change the icons later if
   it is needed.

 * Add the view-counts feature for job-offers.  This feature was requested
   by MJ Ray.

   This patch would be 50 or 90 lines of code.

Gabriel, if you do not like any one of these please ask for a more complete
list to choose from.  Of course, if you want you can work on your own
proposals.

The project is not in a hurry.