Re: [Gnumed-devel] Interactions and stuff: proposed rules database.

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Interactions and stuff: proposed rules database.
Date: Sun, 22 Dec 2002 01:00:25 +0100

> >identifying the circumstances of the warning. I propose
> >a COBOL-ish mini-language to specify this.
>
> I think you are on the right track with a rules database.
> However, I can't see the need for an extra language: Python comes closer
> to natutral language and can be embedded after all. Requires no extra
That's what I was gonna say. We can just put appropriate
Python into the "conditions" field that's eval()ed on demand.

Hm, but then we are going to pin down clients to using Python.
But, OTOH, they can just run it as a script... So, if the
snippet is run as a standalone script it should pipe it's
"decision" to stdout or else it's functions will return the
results... Sounds doable.