Re: [Gnumed-devel] Interactions and stuff: proposed rules database.

From: Ian Haywood
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Interactions and stuff: proposed rules database.
Date: Sun, 22 Dec 2002 00:58:33 -0500

On Sun, Dec 22, 2002 at 11:25:20AM +1100, Horst Herb wrote:
> On Sun, 22 Dec 2002 11:00, Karsten Hilbert wrote:
> > Hm, but then we are going to pin down clients to using Python.
> > But, OTOH, they can just run it as a script... So, if the
My intention was to run server-side. When a key event (prescribing,
starting a consultation, etc.) occurs, a SQL trigger procedure on the
appropriate table fires up the inference engine to see if a rule
matches. If it does, it can alert the client by sending a NOTIFY
message. This doesn't lock the client into a language, and is much
faster (queries stemming from the rules do not have to traverse the
network)