Re: [Gnumed-devel] bootstrap*

From: Hilmar Berger
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] bootstrap*
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2003 21:36:31 +0100 (CET)

Hi,
On Sun, 26 Jan 2003, Karsten Hilbert wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> the new boostrapping has arrived in server/utils/
>
> A few sample config files are included. It will now also
> display a short summary of what it is about to do before doing
> it. If running interactive it will ask the user for
> confirmation.
Couldn't get bootstrapping to run using localhost-monolithic.conf.sample.
It exits complaining of some parameter # mismatches when entering
_import_schema. I had a look at it but couldn't find out how it
should be the right way.
Find attached the log-file.

Just some more comments:
1. Until now passwords are entered as clear-text. Is there no way to
display it using dots or asterisks ? If no function is available in python, I
would volunteer to write one.
2. IMHO the script should warn if a gm-dbowner has been created without
password.
3. You can store passwords for postgres and gm-dbowner as clear-text in
the .conf file which impairs security.

 > More config files and documentation coming soon.
BTW, documentation has been included in the user-manual.

Hilmar