Re: [Gnumed-devel] Re: bootstrap*

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Re: bootstrap*
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2003 11:48:14 +0100

> > would it be acceptable to pass in passwords via the
> > command line ?
> In principle yes (provided that they are hidden as usual for
> passwords).
I have to admit I don't know how to hide the passwords in the
command line. I assume you are worried about someone sniffing
the process environment ?

I think on today's hardware it is impossible to reach both
goals at once: not storing passwords somehow somewhere AND no
user interaction at all. Give me a scenario and I'll give you
an attack mode. Or buy you a beer (which would still only mean
*I* can't figure out an attack).