Re: [Gnumed-devel] another icon request/proposal

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] another icon request/proposal
Date: Fri, 4 Apr 2003 12:23:13 +0200

Now, back to the icon issue.

Currently, the icon has the tooltip text "Find Patient" and
displays binoculars partially obstructing a paper form. This
is appropriate - hitting it will go search for (binoculars)
detailed patient data (the paper form = patient demograpics
screen).

Changing this to a magnifying glass would be inappropriate,
indeed. I agree.

BUT: I suggested something else. We don't need the icon to
signify "Find Patient" anymore. Richard agreed, that one and
only one way (hitting <ENTER> in the search widget) should go
search for the patient. I think we should change the button
meaning to "display patient details" (eg the demographics
screen). For THAT, IMHO a magnifying glass (= detail) is more
appropriate. One could argue, of course, to completely remove
direct access to the demographic details from the top pane - I
am fine with that. We then need to change the demographics
plugin into a standard notebook plugin (where I happen to
think it should be anyways). Yet another possibility would be
to make the patient picture (!) active such that by right
clicking on it a "patient context menu" pops up :-)

Does this clarify what I mean ?