Re: [Gnumed-devel] config issues

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] config issues
Date: Mon, 12 May 2003 12:41:20 +0200

Hilmar,

> 3. The configRegistry is designed for structured parameter names, i.e.
>  "modules.aModule.aPart.aDetail" which can be converted easily into a tree
> structure. I suggest using those structured names in the future.
> Structured names are much easier to understand, IMHO. Additionally, name
> conflicts are less frequent because of clearly separated namespaces.

feel free to convert the already existing config option names.
The group field can be retained even though we agreed to not
use it due to using structured names. It may come in handy
later on for secondary structuring of options orthogonally to
the structured name (say, the user wants to have *quick*
access to a range of non-related options and thus the group
is set to "quick access" ...).