[Gnumed-devel] config issues

From: Hilmar Berger
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] config issues
Date: Sat, 10 May 2003 22:10:40 +0200 (CEST)

Hi,

just some questions/ideas in connection with the ConfigRegistry:

1. I18N gets the locale directly from some table in I18N.sql, but not from
the cfg_* tables, i.e. you can't set it using config parameters. Could we
change that behaviour so that config parameters are read at startup and
I18N tables are set accordingly ?

2. less config related: I found that the current user name is not stored
at client side (except in Connection). I added a entry in GuiBroker
('currenUser') that reflects the current user. This is much easier than
querying the backend or getting it from loginInfo.

3. The configRegistry is designed for structured parameter names, i.e.
 "modules.aModule.aPart.aDetail" which can be converted easily into a tree
structure. I suggest using those structured names in the future.
Structured names are much easier to understand, IMHO. Additionally, name
conflicts are less frequent because of clearly separated namespaces.

Hilmar