Re: [Gnumed-devel] single box SOAP

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] single box SOAP
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2003 11:08:03 +0200

> On another point, GNUMed still has two ways for searching for a patient:
Yes.

> 1/ the Demographics widget
IMHO this should evolve into a "larger task" demographics plugin:

merging patient records,
demographic details,
setting family relations,
etc.

> 2/ the old way: entering a name in the top name text field and pressing the
> search icon (the little
> binoculars on the top row, far left side) This currently has been
> de-activated, but the code is
> still there
This is the preferred way for day-to-day patient search. And it
is not inactive, either. Try hitting enter after typing
something :-)   The meaning of that field is "always show
activated patient and allow selection thereof".  The icon can
stay, IMHO, to mean "show demographic details for the active
patient" (which would switch to 1/ ...)  That is also why I at
some point suggested changing to a magnifying glass (go to
details) from the current binoculars (go search far and wide)
but got voted down by Richard ;-)

> Of course I am partial to 2/ (I wrote it ;-)
hehe, sure of that ?   :-)
Has stealthily been replaced quite a while ago. But your
design and implementation provided valuable insight.

, but I am happy with 1/, in which case the icon (and its handler code)
> should go, and the name text field at the top should be read-only.
NIMHO for the reasons above.

All this is *my* take on things, of course.