Re: [Gnumed-devel] GNUmed / Knoppix-CD

From: Horst Herb
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] GNUmed / Knoppix-CD
Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2003 08:50:49 +1000

On Wed, 2 Jul 2003 07:28, Sebastian Hilbert wrote:
> I am more than happy to announce the immediate availability of the brandnew
> GNUmed-CD. It is based on Knoppix and can be used to show where GNUmed is
> at from the end-user's perspective. After countless hours of testing and
> remastering I am happy to release this version.

Wonderful! Well done!

A suggestion: if we strip Knoppix down to the bare minimum needed for running
gnumed, we could run it on an uncompressed file system on the CD which would
enable us to update CD images via rsync

That way, you can regenerate your trial CD on a rewriteable medium with
minimal extra download (just the changes instead of the full ISO)- which is
highly desirable with fast evolving software like gnumed.

Once the file system is compressed, too much changes on the whole image to
make rsyncing feasible.

Horst