[Gnumed-devel] Re: GNUmed / Knoppix-CD

From: Andreas Tille
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] Re: GNUmed / Knoppix-CD
Date: Fri, 4 Jul 2003 10:40:45 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 3 Jul 2003, Sebastian Hilbert wrote:

> http://marvin.ba-loerrach.de/gnumed.iso
I sucessfully booted and tested GnuMed.  While testing the running GnuMed I
found the following issues:

     Help/Manual - doesn't work
           I regard this as an issue for Debian packaging and hope this
           will be fixed for the next GnuMed Debian packages but because
           of conferences and vacation this will not be before August.

     /var/log/gnumed/gnumed.log is not writable for user knoppix
           I have seen that group gnumed is created as expected by
           the postinst script of the Debian package (or by you?) and
           user knoppix is added.
           Unfortunately you are providing a /var/log/gnumed/gnumed.log
           which is owned root:root and thus knoppix can not append
           to this logfile.

           Solutions:
            1. chown knoppix:gnumed /var/log/gnumed/gnumed.log
                 or even better
            2. mv /var/log/gnumed/gnumed.log /var/log/gnumed/gnumed.log~
                 and just let a new logfile be created once gnumed started.
               This has the advantage that people might send clean logfiles
               from their sessions to developers

Thanks for your fine work

        Andreas.