[Gnumed-devel] Re: GNUmed / Knoppix-CD

From: Andreas Tille
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] Re: GNUmed / Knoppix-CD
Date: Fri, 4 Jul 2003 14:24:27 +0200 (CEST)

On Fri, 4 Jul 2003, Karsten Hilbert wrote:

> >      Help/Manual - doesn't work
> Exactly what ? Maybe we need to fix something there.
Just nothing happens.  I guess it is searching for the user-manual
html files which are just not installed at the right place.  I will have
to set a symlink in the packages and perhaps make gnumed client package
dependend from gnumed-doc package to make sure it is installed at the
same box the client is running on. (No time to investigate now, sorry.)

> >      /var/log/gnumed/gnumed.log is not writable for user knoppix
>
> >             2. mv /var/log/gnumed/gnumed.log /var/log/gnumed/gnumed.log~
> Just kill it (don't distribute it, that is) and have GnuMed
> create gnumed.log in ~/.gnumed/   This will also make sure log
> files are renewed for each session instead of appended to.
Think so - but I do not know whether it makes real sense for the
current Knoppix CD.  Just fix it on the next release.

Kind regards

        Andreas.