[Gnumed-devel] roadmap

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] roadmap
Date: Sun, 27 Jul 2003 18:16:58 +0200

I said I was going to follow up with an URL. Please keep it
in when discussing items.

http://savannah.gnu.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs/gnumed/gnumed/gnumed/client/doc/TODO/temporary-roadmap.txt

And here's the current roadmap for discussion:

patient input/search/modification
 - no family relationship handling
 - search done (or nearly, in top panel)
 - mediocre attempt at input/modification available
 - input needs considerably more smarts

progress notes
 - simple SOAP structured text input fields
 - clin_note/clin_history/clin_physical rows
 - optional, partially done

export of progress notes
 - per patient
 - ASCII to text files for re-use
 - constrainable by date, encounter, episode, health issue
 - proof-of-intent for interoperability

third-party application connectivity
 - allow other apps to a GnuMed instance, lock it
   into a patient and release that lock later on
 - optional for Australia

drug information browser if data is available locally
 - PBS via drugref.org via XML-RPC, initially
 - AMIS (German) to follow

document archive
 - optional
 - nearly done

simple ConfigRegistry
 - complete default config data
 - nearly done

referrals handling
 - referral form (Germany)
 - accompanying referral letter

prescription
 - *very* complex to cover all cases (I can write a senior
   year AP English essay on that if you want)
 - start with simple, most common cases

past history/problem list
 - problem list only, really, since past history is either
   covered by 2) or not yet wanted (paper record)
 - problem list: some conceptual obfuscation as to how
   episodes overlap with diagnoses and problem lists
 - in a way, episode names *are* the problem list

path results
 - one excellently defined area of work
 - high on my list as well
 - easily assignable sub-project