[Gnumed-devel] Re: Requirements

From: Christian Heller
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] Re: Requirements
Date: Sat, 16 Aug 2003 11:52:51 +0200

> > http://resmedicinae.sourceforge.net/analysis/index.html
> > (English version)
>
> I'm not familiar with this project. There's a note saying the english
> version is _very_ incomplete. Is it worth reading?

The English version is actually not worth reading. We still lack a proper
translation from the German one and also somebody who would maintain it.

Res Medicinae is an effort comparable to GNUmed, but with focus on Java.
(Lately we move away from Java, to XML. The aim is C and XML, solely.)
While GNUmed takes the traditional Open Source Approach of hacking
something together that works and can be used right NOW, Res Medicinae
places more emphasis on design and latest technologies and will probably
need many years to be useable.

To avoid misunderstandings: I do not want to advertise for that project
here! I am supporting GNUmed wherever I can. In fact, I am frequently
thinking about how useful it would be to merge our efforts one day, soon?
Would this make sense? Karsten? Andreas?
If so, then it would probably have to go into the GNUmed 3.0 or some
other "experimental" branch.

Christian