Re: [Gnumed-devel] gmWhoAmI

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] gmWhoAmI
Date: Sun, 7 Sep 2003 22:04:51 +0200

> just added python-common/gmWhoAmI.py. This is a small module that just

> determine user and machine names. Note that now the machine name is usually
> set in ~/.gnumed/gnumed.conf which means that the machine name will always be
> the same no matter on what machine you really are.
Please keep in mind that what is set in gnumed.conf is called
"workplace" which translates to "GnuMed instance personality"
in the sense of: "No matter what physical machine I run on this
GnuMed instance is supposed to behave like a chemlab request
input session."

> Ideas on how the machine name should be determined welcome.
A split into "physical machine name" - taken from IP or
hostname and "GnuMed personality" is helpful.