Re: [Gnumed-devel] installing and using gnumed

From: Ian Haywood
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] installing and using gnumed
Date: Sun, 2 Nov 2003 21:16:47 +1100

On Sun, 2 Nov 2003 09:39:16 +0100
Karsten Hilbert <address@hidden> wrote:

> > I have written a Python replacement for psql, see
> > /gnumed/gnumed/server/bootstrap/Psql.py
> Now, that is *hard*. Probably not worth your time.
Too late. Code is in CVS and appears to work, please test.

> >     - not prompting for the postgres password if we don't need it (as most
> > users
> > will have no idea what it is)
> I can't see a way of finding out whether or not we need it.
Point. Although most systems probably use 'trust" authentication for local
connections, this probably isn't such a good idea  in Real Life.
> >     - offering to overwrite postgres config files with a sensible default
> > setup.
> I'd be wary of that one. Also, we'd need either "postgres" or
> "root" user rights.
Probably more suited to the Debian postinst script.

PGP public key E750652E at wwwkeys.pgp.net
9BF0 67B7 F84F F7EE 0C42  C063 28FC BC52 E750 652E