Re: [Gnumed-devel] installing and using gnumed

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] installing and using gnumed
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2004 15:34:11 +0100

> AND if Gnumed were easier to install I could
> contribute more effectively.
I am simply amazed by the frequency this turns up. I would
LOVE to understand the problems people have when installing
GnuMed ! For me to get GnuMed onto a new machine is usually
nothing more than:

- make sure Python is installed
- make sure mxDateTime is installed
- make sure wxWindows/wxPython is installed
- download from CVS
- run

(there really is no need to "install" GnuMed)

If I want to setup a database:

- make sure PostgreSQL is installed and working
- download from CVS
- run redo-public.sh in server/bootstrap/
- use

I haven't had noteworthy problems for a LONG time ??

Now that Ian made the brilliant move of setuid()ing
inside bootstrap quite a few authentication problems
simply disappeared.