[Gnumed-devel] [set|link]CommChannel, activating_patient

From: Ian Haywood
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] [set|link]CommChannel, activating_patient
Date: Tue, 2 Mar 2004 15:39:06 +1100

Karsten's comments in gmDemographicRecord.py:
>       # FIXME: should be called linkCommChannel
Done.

>       # FIXME: should we support named channel types, too ?
Do you mean arbitrarily named channel types? This requires some UI changes

Thanks for the other changes.

I have tied the _save_data method in PatientHolder to the dispatcher event
activating_patient
produced by gmPatient, to save changes before changing patients, but
encountered an interesting problem:
we use wxCallAfter ()  for responding to events, which means by the time this
event actually gets
called, the patient has already been updated to the new one in gmCurrentPatient.

Currently I have stopped using wxCallAfter for this event: which means
background threads such
as gmBackendListener can't raise this event (should they ever, anyway, changing
patients in
response to a backend event could be rather annoying)

BTW, I'm finishing off demographics now. I'm wondering whether patient photos
should go in
the demographics or the documents service?

Ian

PGP public key E750652E at wwwkeys.pgp.net
9BF0 67B7 F84F F7EE 0C42  C063 28FC BC52 E750 652E