Re: [Gnumed-devel] installing and using gnumed

From: Jim Busser
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] installing and using gnumed
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 2004 21:25:26 -0800

On Mar 5, 2004, at 1:50 PM, Horst Herb wrote:
gnumed.net and drugref.org are currently on a "virtual root" server, and server load depends on what the other virtual roots are doing. Used to be
fast, but now somebody else appears to be hogging CPU time.

I have got a second *very* fast and dedicated server, not shared with anybody else. I have given Karsten root-alike privileges for that one. Postgres 7.41,
Python 2.3 and pypgsql are already installed.

If somebody has time to move gnumed.net and drugref.org onto that server, be
my guest.

This was in response to the desire to have a public server that would usefully permit alpha testers to test the client, wiithout their having to do install and configure their own server. Suggest that the timing of such a move to the fast server, unless some other advantage arises earlier, be no later than when we have available a 0.1 alpha client ready for testing.