Re: [Gnumed-devel] installing and using gnumed

From: David Grant
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] installing and using gnumed
Date: Fri, 05 Mar 2004 11:51:47 -0500

James Busser wrote:

On Mar 2, 2004, at 3:34 PM, Ian Haywood wrote:

On Tue, 2 Mar 2004 08:28:44 -0800
James Busser <address@hidden> wrote:

server --- can the client be pre-configured to include, and perhaps
even default, to Karsten's (or any other preferred) public "test"
server?

I have a got the public server running on gnumed.net, user "any-doc" password "any-doc". Problem is, it's unusably slow, this appears to be due to server CPU load
rather than bandwidth (downloading maxes out my ADSL line easily)

Is it important enough to the project to secure an adequate server? If it's a cost that would need to be borne, and if we can price out something reasonable I'd contribute.

The larger issue of supporting costs does make me wonder whether, and when, we should organize whatever monies are gathered. It would be impossible to do any responsible fundraising without a system into which to direct the funds.

Yes, I think a PayPal account should be set up to accept donations via a link on the website, which is what what many open source projects seem to be doing these days. I'm not sure if other projects assign a tresurer to handle the money, or what...

--
David J. Grant
M.A.Sc. Candidate in Electrical Engineering