Re: [Gnumed-devel] FAQ

From: Jim Busser
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] FAQ
Date: Sun, 14 Mar 2004 19:19:40 -0800

On Mar 14, 2004, at 5:57 AM, Sebastian Hilbert wrote:
I believe someone has proposed this before but
I would like to see another question in the FAQ.

Who is Gnumed ?...I just would like to get the word out that
Gnumed is entirely based on volunteer work...

Yes, Michael Bonert had suggested similar. Currrently at gnumed.org people will see only 2 of the FAQs... I had held off further site work awaiting Tony to improve some code and plan then to post the following improved version listed below (also listed at the TWiki)

@ Sebastian together with the remaining set of questions will it be clear enough?... Jim

What is GnuMed?

GnuMed is a group of practising physicians, programmers and free software enthusiasts from around the world, committed to provide a superior, free software solution for community practice. Using tried-and-true technology, GnuMed software will start out having record-keeping, but will eventually cover all aspects of medical practice, and will interface well with 3rd-party software. Technical speaking, it tries to do things "cleanly", but takes a pragmatic rather than purist approach. Currently, data is accessed via business objects implemented in Python directly accessing the PostgreSQL RDBMS, but will access various types of data stores such as RDBMS' or LDAP.