Re: [Gnumed-devel] Forms and lab requests

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Forms and lab requests
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2004 00:53:57 +0200

> The notebook is going to get overloaded however, even if you are selective
> about what
> you load, you are still going to need 10-15 tabs for everyday work.
This is true. I think one reason is the immaturity of our
current plugins. Once they evolve there won't be too many
(needed at any particular workplace), hopefully.

> Perhaps we could have a tree widget on the left hand side. This is more
> capacious,
> more familiar to users and easier to navigate than the tabs and icons
> "system" we have at present.
Not a very good reason not to have it but: Personally I
dislike tree navigation tremendously. Don't know why, though.

> [sorry to perseverate about the GUI layout, but I think the status quo is
> just becoming more unsustainable]
Never mind, we do need to think about how to improve it.

> > (BTW, what is an allied health
> > request ?)
>
> Physio, audiology, dietetics, &c. i.e. "non-medical" referrals, where the
> referral is on a generic form,
> instead of a letter to a specific individual.
Aha. Physio would be a "prescription" here, same for
ergotherapy, occupational therapy, speech training, etc.
Audiology, dietetics, orthoptics, prosthetics etc. would be
"non-medical referrals", true.