Re: [Gnumed-devel] Forms and lab requests

From: Ian Haywood
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Forms and lab requests
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2004 13:38:08 +1000

On Thu, 22 Apr 2004 00:53:57 +0200
Karsten Hilbert <address@hidden> wrote:

> > The notebook is going to get overloaded however, even if you are selective
> > about what
> > you load, you are still going to need 10-15 tabs for everyday work.
> This is true. I think one reason is the immaturity of our
> current plugins. Once they evolve there won't be too many
> (needed at any particular workplace), hopefully.
Well, you could cut it down to 2: a master "notes entry" and a master "notes
viewer",
but I'm not sure how you could achieve a happy medium of 5-6. (naturally I'm
happy to be proven wrong)

> > [sorry to perseverate about the GUI layout, but I think the status quo is
> > just becoming more unsustainable]
> Never mind, we do need to think about how to improve it.
Just let me turn "Clinical" into "Vaccination" (the only one of it's
sub-editareas that actually works) and I'll shut up, we
can let things evolve from there.

> We tacitly plan on publishing an article once it is in production.
Excellent! I've got my dictionary ready.

Ian
PGP public key E750652E at wwwkeys.pgp.net
9BF0 67B7 F84F F7EE 0C42  C063 28FC BC52 E750 652E