Re: [Gnumed-devel] gnumed installation problem

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] gnumed installation problem
Date: Tue, 11 May 2004 12:23:32 +0200

> >>This program needs access to the screen. Please run with
> >>'pythonw', not 'python', and only when you are logged in on the main
> >>display of your Mac.
> >Try replacing python with pythonw inside gm-from-cvs.sh.
>
> That is all I needed to do! yes!
>
> Should that change be made to the copy of gm-from-cvs.sh which resides
> in CVS, or was the above requirement platform (Mac) specific?
platform specific

I'll add a gm-from-cvs-mac-win.sh.

> Also I noticed that the screen is painfully slow to draw and seems to
> lack elements some of which flash partly and briefly when I click on
> various notebook tabs. Would this be a reflection of wxpython being
> less adequately developed on the Mac?
Yes, most likely.

> Lastly I go the impression that the patient file was empty (no records)
> even though I had allowed the bootstrap procedures to run. Should it
> not have been populated, or might there in fact be records in the
> database, and it is just a problem that I cannot access screen
> controls?
Either or both. If the bootstrapping succeeded there should be
some patient records. You must, however, select a patient,
too. For that, type something sensible in the top left search
field, eg "kirk, ja" to try and access Kirk, James.