[Gnumed-devel] installation problem

From: Dominique Buenzli
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] installation problem
Date: Mon, 24 May 2004 18:05:17 +0200

<x-tad-bigger>Hi !
I am using Mac OS 10.3.3 (Panther) and wish to install gnumed.

I followed the instructions step by step provided here:
http://savannah.gnu.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs/*checkout*/gnumed/gnumed/gnumed/client/doc/user-manual/mac-panther.html

, but I still receive this error at end of step 6

</x-tad-bigger>gnumed$ pythonw ~/gnumed/gnumed/client/wxpython/gnumed.py

CRITICAL ERROR: Cannot load GnuMed Python modules ! - Program halted.

Please make sure you have:

- the required third-party Python modules installed
- the GnuMed Python modules installed in site-packages/
- your PYTHONPATH environment variable set up correctly

If you still encounter errors after checking the above
rquirements please ask on the mailing list.
<x-tad-bigger>
If I run the "check-prerequisites.py" it gives that:
</x-tad-bigger><x-tad-bigger>
</x-tad-bigger>gnumed$ python /Users/gnumed/gnumed/check-prerequisites.py ~
=> checking for Python module mxDateTime ...
=> found
=> checking for Python module pyPgSQL ...
=> found
=> checking for Python module wxPython ...
WARNING: cannot check for module wxPython
WARNING: you must run this in a GUI terminal window
<x-tad-bigger>

So it looks like it doesn't find the wxPython.

- wxPython is installed in /usr/lib
- running the "wxPython Demo" applications works
- echo $PATH gives this: /usr/local/bin:/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/teTeX/bin/powerpc-apple-darwin-current
- echo $PATH doesn't give me anything (no error, just nothing)
- I cannot find this "site-packages" folder anywhere

Can you help ?
Thanks in advance
</x-tad-bigger><x-tad-bigger>Dominique

</x-tad-bigger>