Re: [Gnumed-devel] installation problems Mac OS X

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] installation problems Mac OS X
Date: Wed, 26 May 2004 22:25:16 +0200

Hallo Dominique,

> I manage to make it a step further.
Good.

> The errors obtained when using the "python check-prerequisites.py"
> script were because in Mac OS X "DISPLAY"  does not exist.
> if I enter "export DISPLAY=:0" in the Terminal, then the
> "check-prerequisites.py" works without errors at all.
I have added a notice to check-prerequisites.py regarding
this. Also, the gm-from-cvs* shell script now exports the
DISPLAY variable.

> Strangely if I type:
>
> sh /Users/gnumed/gnumed/gnumed/client/gm-from-cvs-macosx.sh
>
> I obtain this
>
> Gnumed/client -> client
>
> /System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.3/Resources/Python.app/Contents/MacOS/Python:
>
> can't open file 'wxpython/gnumed.py'
That is to be expected as the shell script operates with
relative paths. Remember, this is more for development
purposes when running GnuMed directly from a CVS tree.

> ~/gnumed/gnumed/client gnumed$ sh gm-from-cvs-macosx.sh
>
> Gnumed -> client
> log file is [/Users/gnumed/gnumed/gnumed/client/gm-from-cvs-macosx.log]
Ah. Now you can start sending us log files :-)

> [PANIC] (wxpython/gnumed.py::Main:319): Exception: Unhandled exception
> encountered.
> [PANIC] (wxpython/gnumed.py::Main:319): exception type : exceptions.TypeError
> [PANIC] (wxpython/gnumed.py::Main:319): exception value: Cannot create a
> consistent method resolution order (MRO) for bases Dialog, LoginDialog
This looks to me like either Python or wxPython is broken.

I have fixed the messed inheritance in gmLoginDialog. Please
try again.