Re: [Gnumed-devel] installation problems Mac OS X

From: Sebastian Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] installation problems Mac OS X
Date: Fri, 28 May 2004 00:30:41 +0200

On Thursday 27 May 2004 21:20, Dominique Buenzli wrote:
> Hi again !
>
> >> password test-doc
> >
> > Have you bootstrapped your own db succesfully ? If not or unsure please
> > try the public db on hherb.com
> >
> > db : gnumed
> > host: hherb.com
> > username: any-doc
> > pw: any-doc
>
> Same error, see log1normal below.
>
> >> Gnumed -> client
> >> log file is
> >> [/Users/gnumed/gnumed/gnumed/client/gm-from-cvs-macosx.log]
> >
> > this is the file we need. Please provide us with this file since it
> > contains
> > much more detail than the console output. Have a look at it yourself.
> > Please uncomment /delete the line
> > as in
> > # self.szr_stacked_rows.Add(1, 3, 0, wxEXPAND)        # ??? (IMHO:
> > space is at
> > too much of a premium for such padding)
> >
> > or
> > --
> >
> > try adding ( )
> >
> > and try again.
>
> OK
> log1normal = original gmTopPanel.py
this is empty...
> log2deleteline= gmTopPanel.py with line uncommented as mentionned by you
looks good. You successfully connected to the database backend. It fails when
trying to load the patient image. This means you made it past the last sizer
error.

The offending code is now :
Users/gnumed/gnumed/gnumed/Gnumed/wxpython/gmGP_PatientPicture.py] at line 40
<<<
or so it seems. The log stops there unfortunately.

Exception: Unhandled exception encountered.
2004-05-27 21:05:37 [PANIC] (wxpython/gnumed.py::Main:319): exception type :
exceptions.TypeError
2004-05-27 21:05:37 [PANIC] (wxpython/gnumed.py::Main:319): exception value:
new_BitmapFromImage() takes at least 1 argument (0 given)

I will have to take a close look. Hopefully others will join in since I am a
python beginner myself.

> log3brackets= gmTopPanel.py with brackets as mentionned by you.
You used test-doc and Gnumed failed to establish a connection to the database.
Try again with any-doc :-)

> Seeing all these errors makes me wonder if I will be able to make it
> work one day ???
Nah, don't worry. THis is normal when you are trying to run it on Mac OSX
instead of Linux. Not because Linux is better or something like this but
unfortunately each platform has its quirks and we develop on Linux.

We will work it out. To bad I don't have access to a Mac OS X box anywhere
here.
> Does someone use Mac OS X ?
There are some people on this list I believe.

--
Sebastian Hilbert
Leipzig / Germany

Unterstützen Sie die Entwicklung von freier Software durch Ihren
        Internet - Einkauf unter der Adresse:
http://profiseller.de/shop1/index.php3?ps_id=P1658133