[Gnumed-devel] Mac OS X install works !

From: Dominique Buenzli
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] Mac OS X install works !
Date: Fri, 28 May 2004 10:37:30 +0200

Hallo Sebastian !
You manage to make it work !!

I will have to take a close look. Hopefully others will join in since I am a
python beginner myself.

Beginner ???? Are you sure ??? You are THE King ;-)

Please try the following:

replace

bmp_data = wxBitmapFromImage(img = img_data)

in

wxpython/gmGP_PatientPicture.py

with

bmp_data = wxBitmapFromImage(img_data)

I don't know if this helps but it looks like the fuction does not get any
argument (should be img_data) but gets kwags instead.

Mail me the log if possible
logworkingbrackets.txt: with above changes + self.szr_stacked_rows.Add((1, 3), 0, wxEXPAND) in gmTopPanel.py
logworkingdeleteline.txt: with above changes +
# self.szr_stacked_rows.Add(1, 3, 0, wxEXPAND) # ??? (IMHO: space is at too much of a premium for such padding)
No visible differences between these two.

There are some visual glitches but probably it is because of wxPython port on Mac OS X. For visual glitches c.f. image 1 and 2 in files.tgz

We will work it out. To bad I don't have access to a Mac OS X box anywhere
here.
The core of the system can be downloaded here: http://www.opensource.apple.com/darwinsource/ I think it works also on a x86 machine at least the Darwin 7.0 version

I still have questions:

Does your version of gnumed still works after these changes ? Or is there the need to make different files for mac os X ?

I will update the documentation for Mac OS X 10.3 install this afternoon (need some sleep after on call night) and send it to the list.

Thank you very much indeed for your help. Thanks also to Karsten and Jim for their support.

Dominique

Now time for a summary:
INSTALLATION ON MAC OS X 10.3 (PANTHER) adds-on

1) in file <x-tad-bigger>~/gnumed/gnumed/client/wxpython/gmLoginDialog.py:</x-tad-bigger>

remove ligne 98 and comma at ligne 97 from <x-tad-bigger>~/gnumed/gnumed/client/wxpython/gmLoginDialog.py</x-tad-bigger>
(,
faceName = '')
<x-tad-smaller>
</x-tad-smaller>

2) in file ~/gnumed/gnumed/client/wxpython/gmTopPanel.py:

Replace<x-tad-bigger>
</x-tad-bigger>
<x-tad-smaller>
</x-tad-smaller>
self.szr_stacked_rows.Add(1, 3, 0, wxEXPAND) # ??? (IMHO: space is at too much of a premium for such padding)

by

# self.szr_stacked_rows.Add((1, 3), 0, wxEXPAND) # ??? (IMHO: space is at too much of a premium for such padding)

or

# self.szr_stacked_rows.Add(1, 3, 0, wxEXPAND) # ??? (IMHO: space is at too much of a premium for such padding)

Which one of these two is the best ???

3) in file ~/gnumed/gnumed/client/wxpython/gmGP_PatientPicture.py:
Replace

bmp_data = wxBitmapFromImage(img = img_data)

by

bmp_data = wxBitmapFromImage(img_data)

4) Launch by cdying to ~/gnumed/gnumed/client and then by typing sh gm-from-cvs-macosx.sh

P.S:

I am kind of blindfolded here without a MacOS box
Can you please mail me the file
//Library/Python/2.3/wx/gdi.py
You will find this file in files.tgz if that is still usefull

log1normal = original gmTopPanel.py
this is empty...
log3brackets= gmTopPanel.py with brackets as mentionned by you.
You used test-doc and Gnumed failed to establish a connection to the database.
Try again with any-doc :-)

Yes sorry. You will find those files in files.tgz if that is still usefull