Re: [Gnumed-devel] How to post an error message?

From: Horst Herb
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] How to post an error message?
Date: Fri, 28 May 2004 16:52:25 +1000

On Fri, 28 May 2004 00:00, Sebastian Hilbert wrote:
> not. My time may be free ( as long as I chose) but Internet connectivity is
> not , webspace is not( unless some company / person donates it instead of
> money),

BTW, since gnumed started, I have been donating two servers for the project,
hosting gnumed.net and drugref.org for example. Tony Lemke has been donating
the server hosting gnumed.org. Tony and I have been paying all related
expenses so far out of our own pockets. Anybody related to our projects can
happily use the infrastructure we provide, or the infrastructure gnu.org
provides us for free. More infrastructure is always welcome if it is donated,
but it is not essential and if it incurs unbearable costs, than we don't need
it.

Having internet connectivity is of course a must, but I would expect that this
is nowadays as ubiquitous as phone, and hardly a dedicated expense for
gnumed.

I understand that nobodies time is really "free", and donating time is the
biggest sacrifice people can make. I doubt we will be able to compensate
contributors ever for their time in monetary terms.

Horst