Re: [Gnumed-devel] Gnumed is strictly non-commercial was: How to post an

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Gnumed is strictly non-commercial was: How to post an error message?
Date: Sat, 29 May 2004 11:25:27 +0200

> To highlight the problems I have: I am politically very active in Australia,
> trying to push the FOSS concept through via many arenas. I sit in a few
> related governmental working groups, and get paid as a consultant for that
> work.
> That way I didn't exactly make many friends, especially not with those
> industries who gain on lucrative governmental contracts with subsequent
> lock-ins. I cannot allow any suspicions that I would personally enrich myself
> through FOSS projects, noi matter how remote these claims were - anything of
> substance raising the possibility of this would destroy everything I have
> been building up for the past few years.

We've been discussing this before offlist and I gave Horst
assurance that I am indeed willing and able to testify that he
hasn't *acted* as project leader for GnuMed with vested
interest so that no conflict of interest is happening,
factually. We can prove this with CVS commit trails. That is
also the reason why Horst hasn't been that immediately active
(which even I tend to forget at times).