[Gnumed-devel] install notes

From: Michael Bonert
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] install notes
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2004 16:59:22 -0400 (EDT)

Andreas,
I usually read the list... but I haven't kept up-to-date lately.

Any hoo... to address your main points.
1. I know the way I do stuff is a bit half-baked from the security
side of things.  Thing is, I don't care 'nuff at this point to figure
out nuances--especially if I have to spend energy just to get
stuff working.

2. I don't think it is realistic to expect that people wade through
the mail archive to figure-out how the heck one gets things
working.

3. At this point I prefer to do things in a generic way
(read: more-or-less distribution independent).

I put together the last email because it goes start
to finish... and almost gets you there--something it seems hasn't
been done too recently.  Also, I'm sure that a handful of people
out there have taken a look at GnuMed... tried to install it and
just gave up.  My guide wasn't written to make things
rock solid.  It was put together so someone doesn't have to
wade through 4-5 months of the archive... seeing how the
install manual is out-of-date.

Michael