Re: [Gnumed-devel] Re: install notes

From: Jim Busser
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Re: install notes
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2004 00:33:37 -0700

I have cut and pasted from some of Andreas's postings into a wiki page.

For some reason hherb.com is taking a very long time to render and sometimes save or load wiki data files so I provide a copy here. I realize that I may have assembled the info incorrectly. It can be fixed directly on the wiki or, if commented here, I can later upload the changes: http://hherb.com/cgi-bin/twiki/view/Gnumed/DebianInstallers

Debian Installers

http://people.debian.org/~tille/packages/gnumed/debian/

download the *.deb files at the location above
1. try 'dpkg -i *.deb'.
dpkg will tell you which packages are needed
you can paste these packages into an 'apt-get install ...' call
that's it for the dependencies!
2. postgres
bootstrapping works quite well in the gnumed-snapshot-server* packages
might be a problem if you start from scratch, or if you use the localized packages
the users which are necessary to create are created by the postinst script of the gnumed-snapshot-server package.
no other users should be needed
if this is wrong (i.e. other users are needed), Andreas Tille would like to know
configuration is done in /etc/postgresql/pg_hba.conf
the (hopefully) smallest changes to the postgresql permissions are done in the postinst script of gnumed-snapshot-server
3. postmaster
Starting services is done via
/etc/init.d/ [start|stop|restart|...]
thus, after changing something under /etc/postgresql/, issue
/etc/init.d/postgresql restart
4. to later bootstrap the latest version from CVS, the postinst script containing the right options for the Debian installation can be found at
/var/lib/dpkg/info/gnumed-snapshot-server.postinst

Search for any newer postings concerning "Debian packages" at the gnumed-devel archive

For people concerned that Gnumed may have undergone much CVS development after creation of the last .deb, just grab the debian/ directory and say:
<x-tad-smaller> ~> make -f rules get-orig-source # Builds an orig.tar.gz from CVS
~> tar -xzf *.orig.tar.gz
~> cp -a debian/ <gnumed-dir>
~> cd <gnumed-dir>
~> debuild -k'Your GPG-key-ID <address@hidden>'

</x-tad-smaller>
For those trying to do their own builds from source, note the caveats at:
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/gnumed-devel/2004-01/msg00021.html