Re: [Gnumed-devel] A question re demographics

From: Ian Haywood
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] A question re demographics
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2004 19:53:04 +1000

On Mon, 19 Jul 2004 11:00:58 +0200
Karsten Hilbert <address@hidden> wrote:

> > Patient picture, well, let me work on that, shouldn't take too long.
> There's a v_latest_mugshot on the backend. Also, I believe
> there's code somewhere (gmDocFolder or so ?) to fetch it. Be
> aware, though, that fetching the patient picture is a big time
> sink (hence that pesky "needs to be implemented async" message
> on the console :-)
It would be nice IMHO to implement a general solution in gmDispatcher
That is, an option in gmDispatcher.connect () to register as a "async" handler
which is called in a background worker thread after the foreground handlers have
finished.

This handler would then of course use wxCallAfter () to update the screen,

In the fullness of time most of the handlers could be converted to this model.

BTW are there any opinions on my previous post  (15/8) about layout managers.?
I like to interpret silence as "sure, go ahead"? ;-)

Ian

PGP public key E750652E at wwwkeys.pgp.net
9BF0 67B7 F84F F7EE 0C42  C063 28FC BC52 E750 652E