[Gnumed-devel] comm_channel table

From: Jim Busser
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] comm_channel table
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2004 18:27:36 -0700

This table will hold values like:

phone <> (123) 456-7890
email <> address@hidden

is it not helpful to accommodate work/home, is this meant to be a detail of the type or it an extra. optional field over which there is not yet agreement (or agreement that I am unaware of, to not have it)

Also I offer revised descriptions below (to me, they would be more correct and/or less ambiguous; matter less to me now that I followed the references through, but use if you like)

For "id_type" instead of
the type of communication channel

consider
the id specifying the type of communication channel e.g. phone, email address, pager number, etc.

For "url" instead of
the actual connection information such as a a phone number, email address, pager number, etc.

consider
the connection detail i.e. the phone number, email address, pager number, etc.