[Gnumed-devel] Re: Python Success!!!!!! Yeah, Excitement +++

From: Richard Terry
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] Re: Python Success!!!!!! Yeah, Excitement +++
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2004 08:21:27 +1000

On Mon, 16 Aug 2004 11:31 pm, you wrote:
> Hi Richard,
>
> I have, with some cosmetic changes, checked in your code. It
> looks alright to me ! Using a list is fine, I guess.
>
> Some comments:
>
> Do you intend to make the column width saving automatic
> whenever the columns are resized ?

Not at the moment for the following reasons. I find often using such lists
that there are times one just re-sizes a column to see a particular entry
which dosn't fit, but that new size is inconvenient for most entries.

The other thought I had was to automate the column size process, by
determining what screen resolution the user was running at, and then
auto-setting the column size on the basis of likely percentage width for each
column, but as at now I'd prefer to keep learning python, implement the font
setting stuff which is embyronic and not yet saved back to the database.

> Note how I get a wxNewId() outside the patientpanel class for
> SaveDisplayLayout.

Ok I'll check this out.

> Didn't we sort of agree on not handling the patient picture
> inside gmDemographics but directly from the top panel instead?

Yes, But I've left it in there are the moment. I guess it can be removed. I'll
give it a little thought and then some action.